2.16.2011

Cynema

Yesterday morning was a rare one.  Before my husband left for work, he stopped at Starbucks and picked me up my favorite pick-me-up (small bold coffee in a grande cup with steamed 2%, $1.61) and delivered it to me at 7:30am, right where I lied in bed!  I felt like the Queen of Sheeba!  He then reminded me of the dangerous addition to the bedroom...the new blu-ray DVD player that streams netflix/pandora/youtube/younameit.  I've only used this thing once since he bought it after the holidays because I would be tempted to stay in bed glued to the TV all day (Let’s just say I'm "in-between" jobs). 

I allowed myself a total of one feature so I ventured to the documentary section (like always), and saw that I had "I Like Killing Flies" on instant queue. 

My half-baked review: I wouldn't want to go to Shopsin's for the heavy-hitter food or the entertaining, yet ruthless berating (think Seinfeld's Soup Nazi), but no viewer could help the interesting allure of truth to Kenny Shopsin's half-baked philosophy.



I was a bit of a late viewer on this particular film (Filmed in 2003 and premiered at Sundance three years later, I believe).  Since I am also an avid "Yelper", Shopsin's has moved (yet again), and it was so interesting to see that reviews were either ranked from very high to extremely low.  The "1 Star" reviews are from those who were denied service at this NYC dive. 

Take a look at the Shopsin's 900+ item menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment