12.29.2010

Now I Know

So this past holiday season I made about 100 crochet christmas ornaments which were sold at Funk and Standard Variety Store (my previous awesome employer). I wanted to give the ornies as gifts to friends and family as well, but I didn't have anything to wrap them in (being it was Christmas Eve and well.. I didn't really think it through). I grabbed the iPad and did a quick youtube search (gotta love it) and found this awesome "how-to make a box out of scrap paper" vid from etsy! How awesome? All it took was some construction paper and a pair of scissors (minimal cutting involved) and I had the perfect sized boxes to stash these little guys! So awesome! If you're feeling saucy you can even create your own print by using stamps, stencils, or whatever!

Here's the easy to follow vid-ya:



I also have this gem of a book "LOTTA PRINTS: How to Print Anything, From Potatoes to Linoleum" by Lotta Jansdotter. It even comes with stencils! YAY!

lotta

2 comments: