12.29.2010

Crochet Olé


Recently I've been making chunky crochet throw blankets as gifts or as per request. I get the satisfaction of creating home decor but not having to spend months making anything too enormous (My killer gigantic Empress Blanket [WIP] will be posted in the near future). I normally start with a solid base color and then accent the piece with colorful borders and sew on some sort of floral appliqué. Here are two throws I made for my niece and sister over the past few months.

I used Lion Brand Yarn's Wool-Ease Thick & Quick. I love this yarn because it's super-soft, warm, and has a super bulky weight. Perfect for a chilly night! The negatives?? It can get really expensive due to the quick use of yarn. That doesn't stop me because I plan on making another throw very soon... green??

New Etsy Store Coming Soon!

For customization inquiries please contact me: duffandlorelei@gmail.com

Crocheted-Afghans-Bookcrochet_adorned_covermotifshappy hooker

No comments:

Post a Comment